Login Security Solution is a brute force attack prevention tool.. and it’s awesome!
Just some of the features of Login Security Solution
- Tracks IP addresses, usernames, and passwords
- Monitors logins made by form submissions, XML-RPC requests and auth cookies
- If a login failure uses data matching a past failure, the plugin slows down response times. The more failures, the longer the delay. This limits attackers ability to effectively probe your site, so they’ll give up and go find an easier target.
- If an account seems breached, the “user” is immediately logged out and forced to use WordPress’ password reset utility. This prevents any damage from being done and verifies the user’s identity. But if the user is coming in from an IP address they have used in the past, an email is sent to the user making sure it was them logging in. All without intervention by an administrator.
- Can notify the administrator of attacks and breaches
- Supports IPv6
These are just a few of the features of LSS and I highly recommend you look into this plugin to see if it should be apart of your security arsenal.